American philanthropist and millionaire Mackenzie Scott. She is worth more than $60 billion. Through her philanthropic foundation, the “MacKenzie Scott Charitable Trust,” Scott has been involved in philanthropy since 2019 and has contributed billions of dollars to charities and non-profits. Scott has promised to donate the bulk of her income over her lifetime and has received praise for her benevolent contributions, especially to causes related to homelessness, climate change, and educational access.
Mackenzie Scott was born in Seattle, Washington, on 4th/04/1970. She received a degree in English literature from Princeton University where she attended classes. After graduation, she worked as a research analyst and writer until being married to Jeff Bezos in 1993. When the couple divorced in 2019, Scott rose to become one of the wealthiest women in the world.
Mackenzie Scott family
The CEO of Amazon, Jeff Bezos, was wed to her from 1993 until 2019. The couple has 4 children total. In general, Scott has kept her private matters private, and not many people are aware of her children. After their divorce, Scott focused on her humanitarian endeavours and has given billions of dollars to charities and non-profits.
Together, She & Jeff Bezos are parents to four kids. However, Scott and her family keep information about their kids confidential, including things like their names and ages.
She was a research analyst and writer prior to her divorce from Jeff Bezos. She rose to prominence as one of the richest women in the world after the divorce and has since concentrated her energies on charity. With an emphasis on issues like homelessness, climate change, and access to education, Scott formed the “MacKenzie Scott Charitable Trust” in 2019 and has since given billions of dollars to nonprofits and charities. Scott is well-known for her humanitarian work and has received recognition for her generous donations.
Mackenzie Scott Net Worth
Her earning is anticipated to reach more than $60 billion by 2023. This wealth was mostly acquired as a result of her divorce from Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, in which she was awarded 25% of the couple’s Amazon shares. Since then, Scott has taken an active role in philanthropy, donating billions to charities and non-profits through her charitable organisation, the “MacKenzie Scott Charitable Trust”.
The following information about Mackenzie Scott:
- She attended the exclusive Connecticut boarding school Hotchkiss School before enrolling at Princeton University to study English literature.
- Her contributions have mostly gone to women’s shelters, historically Black institutions and universities, and LGBTQ+ groups.
- Despite having enormous fortune, she has spoken out against the wealth divide in the US and called for charity to be more accessible.
- Mackenzie Scott met Jeff Bezos while working as a financial analyst at the New York City hedge firm D. E. Shaw.
- She was engaged in many facets of the growth of the firm and was instrumental in assisting Jeff in writing Amazon’s initial business plan.
- She became one of the wealthiest women in the world when she and Jeff Bezos announced their divorce in 2019.
A list of Mackenzie Scott’s preferences
- Mackenzie Scott is well renowned for her charity contributions and for speaking out on the value of giving back to society.
- She has questioned the wealth inequality in the United States and underlined the need for charity to be more inclusive.
- Writing: Two of Mackenzie Scott’s books have been published.
- Wealth gap: Mackenzie Scott has campaigned for more inclusive contributions and criticised the wealth disparity in the US.
- She dislikes inequity, as seen by the fact that she has concentrated her charity giving on groups that assist historically oppressed groups including women, LGBTQ+ individuals, and people of colour.
The life of Mackenzie Scott serves as a monument to the value of charitable giving and the efficacy of philanthropy. Her enormous gifts have made a significant difference for charities that often struggle to get funds. Mackenzie has been outspoken about the need for more inclusive giving, and her philanthropic approach has been considered and intentional. Her tale serves as motivation for anyone with the power to make a difference.
Also Read:- Jordan Belfort Net Worth